1967 Pontiac Firebird 326 HO Resto-Mod
Listed Jan 13, 2015
This page will be taken down when it is sold.
Tons of time have been spent on this car and it gets comments everywhere I go. Unfortunately my situation has changed and this beautiful Firebird has to go. This car has been in the family since the very early 1970's.
The paint looks quite good, BUT, it was painted back in the early '80s and has chips and marks from disassembly and reassembly, plus some age related defects. The vinyl top also needs to be replaced soon. Body and paint was the last item on my list. All the body parts I replaced were not going to be installed after paint and body work but move from Califonia to East Coast forced assembly early. Seats and door panels are going to need some attention as well.
All Suspension work completed approx. 2 years ago with less than 500 miles driven since.
- Front Sub Frame had Body Mount Plates Welded In & Powder Coated. New Polyurethane Body Mounts.
- All Front Frame Components Sandblasted & Painted or Powder Coated.
- 4 Wheels Disc Brakes, New Spindles, New Powder Coated Calipers, New Master Cylinder, New Vacuum Booster, All New Stainless Brake Lines.
- All New Ball Joints & Tie Rod Ends with Hotchkis Adjusters.
- New Global West Upper & Lower Tubular A-Arms with Billet Offset Shafts and Delalum Bushings.
- New QA-1 Adjustable ProMaster Coil Over Aluminum Shocks & Springs up Front. (Valving adjustable as well as ride height).
- New QA-1 Rear Matching Aluminum Adjustable Shocks.
- New Hotchkis Front (1 1/8") & Rear (7/8") Sway Bars with Rear Hotchkis Chassis Max Reinforcement Brace. All Polyurethane Bushings & Grease Fittings.
- New Flaming River Fast Ratio Power Steering Box with rebuilt Power Steering Pump.
Rear Axle work completed approx. 18 months ago with less than 200 miles driven since.
- Rear Axle Housing Stripped, Cleaned and Painted.
- New Yukon Duragrip Posi Unit with New 3.36 Ratio Ring & Pinion Gear Set. All New Bearings, Shims & Seals.
- New 3" Drawn Aluminum Drive Shaft, New U-Joints & U-Joint Clamps.
- Replaced 2 Speed Super Turbine with Pontiac Turbo 400 from my 69 Firebird (Approx. 8,000 Miles on this Unit), New Tubular Cross Member & New B&M Torque Converter. (Transmission was rebuilt with performance parts and has heavy aluminum finned pan.)
Engine is mostly original having under 45,000 miles. Below are replacements and work done approx. 1,000 miles ago.
- New Aluminum Roller Rockers, Valve Job with Hardened Seats, Manifold Port Matched, ARP Threaded Rocker Studs, Poly Locks.
- New Timing Gear Drive.
- Edelbrock Torque II Intake.
- Holley 4150 Double Pumper Carb. (Needs Rebuild)
- Hooker Long Tube Headers.
- Pypes X-Pipe Stainless Exhaust System. (Dual Race Pro Mufflers & Stainless, Rear Exit Tips)
Misc. Items also added.
- Original 15X8 American Racing 200S Rims with custom added Billet Center Caps from newer style 200S Rims
- Classic Air Aftermarket Air Conditioning.
- Grant Steering Wheel with Pontiac Emblem.
- New Bumpers, All brackets sandblasted and painted.
- New Grills
- New Stainless Fuel Tank
- Every bracket and mount on car sandblasted, painted or powder coated.
- All hardware stainless steel or Grade 8 where needed.
- Sub-Frame connectors.
- New carpet.
Illness in family forces us to have to relocate and best bet would be in an RV. We sold ours a year ago and need to get back into one. We also have dogs so we are going to need room so:
Would consider trade for RV. Must be low mile, with at least 1 slide, prefer 2. 34'+ Only. Larger the better. Might even consider larger trailer/5th wheel & truck combo as well, same particulars. No junk, minor cosmetic work OK, no mechanical issues please. RV + Cash is good. I have a car trailer and can load up car and come to you for swap. I am in CT and can go as far as FL. Really like the Newmars, Monaco, some Rexairs, etc.
Please email me with ideas, offers, etc. Be sure to put Firebird in the subject or your email will not make it to me.